Zen Rock Gardens
In my short time in Kyoto, I saw SO many gardens. You literally run into them everywhere. I am one who has no patience for gardening, but I love the artistry OF gardening. This latest trip to Japan gave me a appreciation for imperfection. You can make something perfect, but in some things, say a handcrafted tea cup…the Japanese prize the imperfect. These leave are as I found them…imperfect. The pebbles in the karesansui are not uniform in color. My control of depth of field in the photograph was not how I saw it.
These imperfections are, but an illusion for all are perfection.
Photo Technical Info
- Aperture: ƒ/5.6
- Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Focal length: 35mm
- ISO: 800
- Location: 35° 0.3627′ 0″ N 135° 47.0293′ 0″ E
- Shutter speed: 1/1600s
- Title: Red Japanese Maple Leaves Over a Zen Garden
You must, however, do the following:
- Link back to this site at https://www.batteredluggage.com/.
- Give credit to W Brian Duncan.
To learn about resizing this image, more about the license requirements or about commercial licensing visit the License Page.