Strange and Wonderful
I get myself to some crazy places these days. By crazy I of course mean amazingly awesome! Hong Kong is special in a number of senses. The blend of east and west make for a region of Asia that is like none other for Western travelers. I have a feeling I will forever recommend Hong Kong to anyone asking where to go in Asia for their first visit. It’s also an incredibly active city but with tons of natural wonder to explore.
Top of the Island
We visited Victoria Peak the last night in Hong Kong. Most of our time in the city was enshrouded in fog and the last evening was our best opportunity to photograph. There is an intriquate network of trails around the peak that take you out and away from the commercial areas. Here are a few suggestions for photographers:
- Skip the peak tram and take a taxi. You will only spend a few HKD more and save HOURS!
- Arrive Early! Because of the above, I didn’t feel like I got a prime spot. There will be many people with tripods.
- Wear your walking shoes. There are lots of trails…we found our spot on Lugard Road.
- Bring some layers. It gets cold up on top of Victoria Peak.
You must, however, do the following:
- Link back to this site at http://www.batteredluggage.com/.
- Give credit to W Brian Duncan.
To learn about resizing this image, more about the license requirements or about commercial licensing visit the License Page.